town library is located in the municipal building, which was built in the
period prior to World War One upon the ruins of the Frankapan castle. In 1396,
Vid Omišljanin wrote and painted a breviary of 468 parchment sheets using
uncial Glagolitic letters. He made it for the Parish Church of St. Bartholomew
in Roč, a small town in central Istria. The breviary is kept in the Austrian
National Library in Vienna.
first reading room was opened in Omišalj in 1884. It was moved to its present
premises in 2002.